Saturday, April 24, 2010

I was wanting to find out if I could be Jewish my grandmother's name is Sandra Kay James?

Before you do too much searching, is this grandmother your maternal or paternal grandmother. If she's your father's mother, then it doesn't matter if she was Jewish or not. According to Jewish Law, the religion of the child follows the mother. (Is James her maiden name or married name?)





If she's your mother's mother, then there may be something to talk about. If she's still alive, ask to see her 'ketubah'. Even if she married a non-jew, she should know what that means. (It's her marriage contract if she married in the faith). Watch her reaction when you ask as she may not want to admit her origins. If there's a look of surprised recognition, then she's probably Jewish.





If she's already passed on, try to find the grave of her parents. If it's found in a Jewish cemetery, you will have your answer.

I was wanting to find out if I could be Jewish my grandmother's name is Sandra Kay James?
You should know if you are Jewish or not...In other words, what faith were you taught? If you mean do you have Jewish ancestry, if your ancestors are from Europe or the Middle East, then most likely some of them were.


You can opt for a DNA test, which will reveal if you are or not. I have Ashkenazi Jews for ancestors from Germany, Russia, Poland, and a number of other countries.


I would recommend www.familytreedna.com, the oldest, biggest, and best.

schoolsmartial arts

No comments:

Post a Comment